Friday, July 1, 2011

Cari's Birthday


Last night was Cari's birthday! Cari is a fellow Portland studio transplant that moved over here last fall and has been just amazing at showing me around and being an endless resource to my endless questions.

So, the evening started out as getting a couple drinks with some co-workers. The popular bar fare here is called bitterballs. They're basically fried gravy. Very greasy. A little slimy. I can't decide if they're delicious or disgusting...so I think I'll just go with delicious.

After a beer and a couple butterballs I headed to Festina Lente, for the birthday celebration. This bar is right next to where I'm staying, so I've been meaning to check it out. It is super cozy and has a great atmosphere.

The bartender smiled for my picture :)

The local brew. This beer is made in a windmill across town. It is very good.

Upstairs seating. It's like you're in a very old, well-loved home.

Hello bathroom advertisement! I have no idea what you're trying to tell me, but judging by the girl in the background, it looks fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment