Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lazy Weekend

Time to catch up on posts!

I want to call it a lazy weekend, but now that I think back on it, I actually did quite a lot.
On Saturday I started the day going to the market for my groceries. Another good haul, but I posted pictures last time, and I'm sure you don't need to see my groceries every time.

Then it was off to see a couple apartments and grab lunch with friends. We ate at this great Italian place called, Today's. I love it. It's my new favorite spot. The food is amazing. The owner is amazing. I'll need to get a picture of him at some point. I didn't have cash the first time I went, and his response was, "That's fine, don't worry about it, you'll be back again!"
Love that guy.

The below is a picture taken in their eating area. It's just one big table. It's like eating with a big family.
When this shot was taken, I was planning on making a face...but my timing was off. So I'm mid-making-a-face.


Then the lazy part of the day began. We headed to Nacho's place to watch movies the rest of the day. Nacho's apartment is beautiful:

We tried to set up a projection to watch our movies. It wound up not working, and we had to view our movies in a more traditional form, but it was worth a try.

After the movies, we all crawled up on the roof to enjoy this beautiful scene:

SUNDAY:

Westerpark has a craft/stuff market, I believe every Sunday. It was fun to wander around and see some art.

I need one of these:

A mobile "ice" skating rink. Made of a hard plastic.

Pom pom making station:

Indoors there was an expo fair of sorts. Lots of booths inspired by sustainability. Like this very very beautiful all-wooden bike. I'm not convinced that it's the most sustainable mode of transport, but it's still nice to look at.

There was a kite-making booth. They give you the supplies, direct you in what to do, and it only costs €2. So of course we had to do it!

As you can see, we're very proud of our work. This was before we made the crushing discovery that there is absolutely no way to make this thing fly. I suppose bamboo is not the lightest weight material.

I barely got a shot of this girl. By the time I took out my camera, she was half-way across the field. She's a walking info-desk. I couldn't imagine carrying that thing around all day!


The day concluded with 6 of us enjoying some pizza at a great little restaurant near the park. Good solid weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment