Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Other Morning

Sometimes I wake up to the garbage truck slowly making its way down my street. The other morning I heard a truck idling outside my window. I kept thinking...any minute now, it'll stop. Aaaaany minute. It never did. Eventually other sounds of machinery joined in the chorus of noise. When I finally got out of bed to see what all the ruckus was, this is what I encountered.
A crane. It arrived on a large truck, and slowly unfolded itself to it's full monstrous size. I guess they were hauling fridges into some apartments within my block or something. Something too heavy for the average hook-pully-system they usually use.


This is what the hook-pully-system looks like. I missed getting the last piece of furniture mid-air, but you can see they've been successful with some rather large furniture with that rope.
(Click image to enlarge).

No comments:

Post a Comment