Friday, July 22, 2011

Random Happenings

I haven't posted anything for a few days, so I thought I'd give you an update of some things I've been up to.

Making a "chandelier."
The place I'll be moving into is void of light fixtures. Currently there are just light bulbs hanging out of the ceiling. So, this is the beginning of a project to remedy that problem. I'll post more pics when I'm done with it:


Wednesday I went to check out a bar (Marquee) that my friend manages. I was happy to see they had Aviation Gin—a delicious gin made in our beloved Portland Oregon. Yay Portland!

Thursday: Vinyl jukebox at Cafe Krom. Amazing. And good music too!

Thursday: Meet Tim. I had to get a picture of him because he has the most amazing mane of hair I've ever seen. It's quite impressive. This picture doesn't do him justice. But luckily you can see some images of it here.

Friday: Starting the day off right with the best email I've ever received. We were having a conversation about business cards. There are still some people that haven't met me at my company, and I was quite happy with this reaction to my name.

Then it was off to look at my future apartment again. We were supposed to do a official inspection, but that got pushed back until next thursday. Here are some teaser pictures of the outside, and the street, to wet your palette. I move in a week from today!



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you Malia- the street looks very cute! BTW- I love your string light fixture remedy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on those Amsterdaminians for recognizing a good acquisition when they get one. Who's the admirer? Studio person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movers come in Friday! I wish it was already today. The next week of waiting is torture.

    Today I head out to look for a bed, and hopefully I can get that delivered the same time they're delivering the rest of my stuff on Friday.

    Rach- I hope it works! It's going to be the string balls, combined with white lanterns and some paper pom poms. It might wind up being too much, but we'll see.

    John- Not a studio peep. Just "that guy" that responds to every all-agency email with something very funny and witty to add.

    ReplyDelete