Friday, July 8, 2011

Blauwe Theehuis

Vondelpark has many little eating/drinking places scattered throughout that I've been meaning to try. Last night after going to Foam to look at some amazing photography, we headed to Blue Teahouse (located in Vondelpark). It was a very charming place, and so, of course, I had to take some pictures for your viewing pleasure!





A little side note:
Amsterdam is full of parakeets. I only remember to mention this because the above photo had tons of them in that tree to the right. Some think they escaped from the zoo. Others like to think the source was some breeder that let them loose. I just looked it up on the oh-so-very-forever-accurate Wikipedia, and this is what they have to say on it. How these birds that seem so tropic, manage to survive Amsterdam ice and snow is beyond me. Looks can be deceiving I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment