Saturday, June 25, 2011

Stedelijk Museum

What better way to spend a rainy Saturday afternoon, than in a museum? Nacho took me under his wing for the afternoon, and we started off at the Stedelijk Museum.

Large hall; ancient and neon:


A wall heater. Breaks up in segments so it can be as small or large as you want:


Piet Mondrian:


Graphics designs:





Towards the end of the exhibit, there was a room where you could make your own museum poster to take home. After some attempts at our own posters, we settled on making portraits of one another. Nacho's concept had something to do with me having 300+ teeth when I'm smiling. He's still working his out.






A cool Euro/American soda fountain bar sort of place. That's the best I can do to describe it. I doubt I'll be able to find it again on my own.


The view from the top of the library (a very impressive structure in and of itself):


We also grabbed a coffee at a bar that was built in the late 1600's. I forgot to get a picture of it, but I'm sure I will at some other date. It's a pretty impressive structure. A tiny 3-story thing that is leaning, struggling to stay standing.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, I'm confused. They've got the graphic designs in Amsterdam, too?

    Well, Tom, I owe you a nickel- the world really is flat.

    ReplyDelete