Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Spot Of Sun

The sun decided to peak out it's head today after work, so I decided to take a little ride in Vondelpark. First things first, let me introduce you to my sweet ride. I haven't named her yet, but here she is:



The Eye, is the Amsterdam film museum. It is located in this amazing old building in Vondelpark. But not for very long. They are currently constructing a new, modern, flashy building on the other side of town. I wonder what will be here when the film museum moves.



Vondelpark is full of many ponds and little waterways. At around 6 o'clock, the place was buzzing with people on their commute, as well as friends meeting up after work.



A neat gate I spotted on one end of the park. I like to imagine that it leads to endless meadows beyond. But alas, it does not. You can just barely see towards the left a nest in the distance. There was a rather large bird in there when I cruised by. I think it might be a heron. This city is crawling with herons. They're all over the canals perched on boats, streets, and cars alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment