Saturday, June 25, 2011

Noordermarkt

Saturday is market day. Everyone goes out to get their goods for the week. You can find nearly anything at these markets. The one I went to, Noordermarkt, stretches for much of the length of a street and carries everything. You'll find fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh (still warm) bread, amazing cheeses, tons of fish, clothing, toiletries, shoes, flowers, nuts, olives, bicycle stuff, jewelery, kitchenware, there was even a giant stand dedicated to all dog and cat treats (you'll see the last image is of that stand).

The first image is my haul from the morning. I'm quite proud of it. The Basel is potted and a very happy plant that I was able to get for just €2. I also bought an electric toothbrush. The same one I had back at the states, but it was much cheaper at this market. It's not in the photo, because it just didn't seem to fit ;)

I forgot lettuce, but aside from that, I think I'm set for the week!

















2 comments:

  1. That is quite an impressive haul. Almost as impressive as my packing job for my trip. Almost. But still quite nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. More impressive than your packing job. And always will be...until you post your packing job online for the world (me) to see. Then we'll judge the judgeworthyness.

    ReplyDelete