Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Amsterdam Spring

A brief non-travel-related Amsterdam update. 

The last 6 months have been nuts. We've been doing a ton of travel, but there has also been quite a bit going on in the city as well. I've unfortunately lost a lot of these images since I lost my camera off the back of my bike a couple weeks ago, but here are a few tidbits.

It's finally spring and so I was able to start flowering up my terrace. As well as get a table, chairs, and hammock. Currently the trees in the background are full of leaves so it is much more green out there. The flowers on the other hand are now all dead since I failed at having them watered during my Italy trip. So I need to do some gardening. I want to get some basil, coriander, parsley, chives and mint going as well. I want it to look like a jungle. There is work to be done! 


Ignasi and Toby (colleagues/friends at work) had a gallery opening while I was away in January but I was able to stop by the space when Ignasi was working on taking some of his pieces down. The deer turned out fantastic. He also made some birds, tigers, a dog, a dude. Good stuff.




Carlos (friend from Portland) was making a tour de europa for a few weeks and came to visit in April. We had a pretty action packed week with a Apparat show at Melkweg, Rachael Kendrick's karaoke birthday, and Sara&Lars senior prom birthday.





Ready for prom! You'll find a repeat appearance of this dress on queen's day. It was too good to only wear once! Thank you Melinda and Rachael. Photo credit Carlos' camera:



Homemade corsages!:



Birthday girls:



We also lucked out and had a good, sunny day. So I took Carlos on a little bike ride north along the Uitdammerdijk. Always a favorite activity in this fair city.



There was also a weekend trip to Barcelona. I won't be making a post for that though since all my photos were on my Olympus, and therefore gone. It was a good trip. Saw my first european football match (yes!) and a lot of Gaudi goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment